The Tithe Barn nestles under beech hangers close to the South Downs Way at Old Ditcham Farm, on the border of Hampshire and West Sussex.
The hamlet of Ditcham dates back to Saxon times. The lands were given to the Abbey of Durford by the Lord of the Manor of Harting in 1273.
The Barn appears and disappears from maps over the centuries and the origin of the present building is shrouded in mystery. What we do know is that the Barn was originally of cruciate form, and it has been returned to this condition.
The Tithe Barn, now listed Grade II*, has had many uses over the years. Now restored to its near original state, we offer this impressive building for hire, capturing an age gone by but with modern conveniences discreetly at hand.